Human Rights Violations of Minorities
- On 16 July, Minti Sarkar, 35, wife of Biresh Sarkar of Art Gallery area of Thakurgaon, was stabbed in the neck and back by Mohammad Ali, son of late A. Latif of the same area. Locals rescued Minti and took her to Thakurgaon Adhunik Sadar Hospital. As his condition deteriorated there, the doctors on duty referred him to Dinajpur Medical College Hospital.
- On July 17, Md. Golap Shah, son of Md. Bobarak Hossain of the same area, started digging the soil with the help of some laborers to occupy the recreational land of Tulapai Palashbari village in Kachua upazila of Chandpur.
At this time, Manoranjan (55) and his wife Anjali Rani (50) were attacked with a native weapon. Manoranjan and his wife were seriously injured and fell unconscious. The locals rescued them and admitted them to Kachua Upazila Health Complex.
- Not only Hindu minor girls but Hindu minor boys are being converted after abduction on July 16 Binoy Chandra Sarkar (14), a minor son of Binoy Chandra Sarkar of Nalbari village in Nageshwari upazila of Kurigram, is being converted giving misinterpretation of his own religion.
- Usha Marma, 26, son of Kanchairi Marma of Tantulla Para in Shilachhari area of Laxmichari upazila of Khagrachhari district was shot dead by miscreants while she was talking at a tea shop at around 9 am on July 18. . Security has been beefed up in the area.
- Tariqul Islam, a land robber, had been falsely prosecuting, torturing and torturing the tribals of Tongpara village in Jhilim union of Chapainawabganj Sadar upazila on July 17 in order to evict them from their land and occupy the occupied land. The on-duty police of Chapainawabganj Sadar Model Police Station treated the tribals rudely without filing a case against them. Therefore, the persecuted tribals gathered at 11 am in Tampara village.
- On July 17, ASI Abul Hasnat Chowdhury of Dakshin Sunamganj Police Station demanded 50,000 taka from the helpless Mohanlal Rabidash of Thakurbhog village in West Birgaon Union of Sunamganj district. Mohanlal’s 6-month-pregnant wife, Amrati Rabidas, came forward, assaulted him, kicked him and threw him to the ground, took Rs 30,000 in cash and an Android phone from the house. Take me to the hospital. Amrati Rabidas, wife of Mohanlal Rabidas, has lodged a complaint with Sunamganj Superintendent of Police Mizanur Rahman in this regard.
- On July 19, a local BCL leader filed a case against blogger Asad Noor at the Rangunia Police Station in Chittagong under the Digital Security Act for working to protect the rights of religious minorities. According to the lawsuit, blogger Asad Noor has been accused of harassing and intimidating six members of his family, including his parents, for two days. Amnesty International South Asia researcher Sultan Mohamed Zakaria has strongly condemned the harassment of blogger Asad Noor’s parents. He called for an end to intimidation.
- On 19th July, Nirmal Das, son of Jagadish Das, was barred from cutting the walls of his house in Coronbazar’s West Kairabil. At first, he was attacked and his house was vandalized and his valuables were looted. Four people, including Jagadish Das’s elderly mother, were seriously injured. Jagadish Das became the plaintiff in the matter and lodged a complaint with the Chakaria police station, but they said that they were suffering from insecurity due to the threat of the attackers.
- On July 19, Jahangir Alam, son of the late Akhtaruzzaman, a former member of the same village, attacked Daghuli village on the west bank of Kamal Khan Hat in Jamalpur district with the intention of evicting Rati Ranjan Das, son of Sri Krishna Chandra Das, from his three-and-a-half-century home. The victim Rati Ranjan Das complained about this at Narayanpur Investigation Center (Police Outpost).
- On July 20, Jugal Kanti Biswas, headmaster of a kindergarten school in Kharamkhali village of Charbaniyari union in Chitalmari, Bagerhat, and his wife Hasikna Biswas, a schoolteacher, bought the land with a loan from a small loan company and several others by depositing bank checks. But even after repaying the loan several times, no one returned the bank check but demanded extra interest. Among them, Chitalmari Small Businessmen’s Cooperative Society (Three Star) forcibly wrote off all the land including their purchased land and house.
- Four years have passed since the Santal killings, looting and arson by the police at Sahebganj-Baghdapharm in Gobindganj of Gaibandha district, but no accused has been arrested so far and the administration is delaying its investigation. -Sahebganj-Baghdapharm Land Restoration Struggle Committee, Jatiya Adivasi Parishad, Adivasi Bangali Samhati Parishad and Communist Party of Bangladesh staged a protest in Katamor area of Gobindaganj upazila on Dinajpur regional road.
Context: On November 8, 2016, three Santals were killed in a shootout with police and sugar mill workers. That night the houses were set on fire and the Santals were evicted. Thomas Hembrum sued on behalf of the tribals.
- On July 20, Rabin Das of Baukathi village in Nabgram union of Jhalokati Sadar upazila was arrested with a yaba tablet in collaboration with the influential Mahal administration for refusing to sell the property he had inherited from his ancestral source. Sadar police chief said. Khalilur Rahman said the matter was being investigated and if the family was involved in any conspiracy, it would come out in the investigation.
- On July 21, Rupam Das was making a living by running a grocery business at the Kali Mandir Market in the historic Gorjnia Bazar station in Ramu upazila of Chittagong. You can see that this work is being done by the land robber Md. Zaman and his cadres. When he went to protest immediately, Md. Zaman attacked Rupam’s house with his cadres and Rupam’s wife and son were seriously injured.
- Mohammad Humayun Kabir, son of Mohammad Abdul Jalil Sheikh of Sikdarpur Mallikpur village, vandalized the idol of Kali Mandir at Mallikpur Union Panchpara Bazar in Sadar upazila of Pirojpur district on July 21.
When the locals saw him during the vandalism, they tried to arrest him but he ran away. Subhash Chandra Mistry, president of the temple committee, filed a case with Pirojpur Sadar Police Station in this regard, case no. 19/162.
After filing the case, the police arrested Md. Humayun Kabir. Earlier, on October 6, 2016, the idol of the same temple was vandalized. When the traders and locals of the market came forward to resist, the miscreants attacked them. Gouranga Lal Majumder (65), Sukh Ranjan Mandal (42) and Dilip Mridha (40) were injured in the attack.
The next day, Sikder Mallik filed a case against Pirojpur Sadar Police Station with Union Parishad Chairman Shahidul Islam Shahid as the main accused and 11 others and 30/32 unidentified persons as the main accused. Which is under trial.
- Widow Anjali Das, 55, was gang-raped at her home on Tuesday after killing her husband a year ago in Khajuria village of Gupti Paschim Union No. 6 in Chandpur Faridganj Upazila on July 21.
A year ago, her husband killed Indrajith Das on his way out of the market, who has not yet been tried. Exactly one year later, his wife was also killed. Faridganj Police Station Officer-in-Charge Abdur Rakib said the decapitated body was recovered and sent to the morgue.
- On July 22, at around 3 am in Dokhaiya Dharamsala Bon Bihar of Baghaichhari Rupkari Union in Rangamati, a religious guru Bhante Bodhibriksha Shraman (55) was stabbed to death while trying to resist while stealing a donation box. After Samar Vijay Chakma, the locals rescued Bhante in a bloody condition and admitted him to the Upazila Health Complex.
Baghaichhari Police Station OC MA Manzoor said, “We have sent the police as soon as we got the news of the incident. We are trying to identify the culprits.”
- On July 22, Sahidul Islam Hawlader, former UP chairman of Barialganj Upazila No. 3, president of the union Awami League and a member of the Barisal district council, illegally disobeyed the court order and illegally occupied the ancestral land of Narendranath Pal, son of the late Sukumar Pal of the same union.
Narendranath Pal told a press conference at the Barisal Reporters’ Unity office that despite the police intervening, they continued to fill their noses with sand.
- On July 22, Sujit Kumar Bhadra, a resident of Ramkrishna Mission Road, a fish market and transport trader at Goshala Bazar in Lalmonirhat, was hanged with drugs and threatened with physical torture and crossfire. ) And Selim Raza and his associate ASI Ataul Gani of Lalmonirhat police station currently working in Aditmari police station of the district.
After lodging a complaint with Superintendent of Police Abida Sultana, he was withdrawn from Sadar Police Station and attached to the police line. During the divisional case, when SI Selim Reza was posted at Aditmari police station, he failed by threatening the witnesses with various threats and also tried not to testify by showing money. Panicked by his threat, he called the DIG of Rangpur Range and informed him in detail. After meeting the DIG on July 22, businessman Sujit Bhadra lodged a written complaint seeking protection of his life and the lives of his witnesses.
- On July 23, 30 out of 50 families in Char Ahmadpur Rabidash Para of Khidirpur Union in Manohardi Upazila of Narsingdi, with the help of local member Solaiman and union chairman Jamil Miah, were tortured by Md. Ainul Haque Gang and left. He is harassing them by suppressing them in various ways and filing false cases.
Kamlal Rabidas lodged a complaint with the concerned police station, district police superintendent and upazila executive officer but did not get any remedy.
- The crematorium of 1.08 acres of land belonging to the ethnic minority of Saraigachhi village in Ganguria union of Porsha upazila of Naogaon district on July 23 (July 23) at around 12 noon on Thursday, land grabbers Mohammad Harun Aur Rashid, Mohammad Ismail Hossain and Adul Hossain Gongra. Tries. At that time, the people of the local Cole ethnic group retreated in the face of strong opposition.
In this incident, Vadua Hansda has lodged a complaint with the Porsha Police Station on behalf of the Kol ethnicity of the village.
- Milon Roy Chowdhury, son of late Tejendra Bijoy Roy Chowdhury of Rumkha Bazar Para in Haldiapalang Union of Cox’s Bazar Ukhia Upazila on July 24. Alam’s son and current Upazila Vice Chairman Jahangir Alam and his younger vice Md. Mamunur Rashid.
After Milon Roy Chowdhury lodged a written complaint with Ukhia Police Station, a team of police led by Inspector Prabhat visited the spot and verbally requested them not to work. However, Milon Roy Chowdhury and his family are suffering from extreme insecurity.
- On July 24, local union chairman M Shahadat Hossain set out to grab the 16-acre land occupied by the central temple of Boali Panchabatitala, the only place of worship for five and a half thousand Hindus in Boali area of Boali union in Kaliakair, Gazipur.
Failing to take a lease in his own name, he tried to occupy the land by taking a lease in the name of Boali Union Parishad. The Hindu community in the area is extremely dissatisfied and terrified about this.
- The Laxmichhari Terrorism Prevention Committee has called for a market boycott from August 1 unless the culprits involved in the July 25 attack on former tribal student leader Usha Marma in Laxmichhari, Khagrachhari, are arrested. The decision was taken in consultation with the people’s representatives of the area and village leaders on Saturday (July 25), the committee said in a press release.
Usha Marma was seriously injured in an attack by armed miscreants at Laxmichari Bazaar on July 18. Protesting the incident the next day, the committee demanded the arrest of the attackers within 24 hours. It was decided to boycott the market as the administration did not arrest the attackers during this period.
- On July 26, Jivan Das of Kalikapur village in Muktagachha upazila of Mymensingh district had a quarrel with Md. Masum of the same village over a minor issue. Tell the gold.
- On July 26, Josna Rani Roy, 26, widow of late Herambh Roy of Mirganj Nijpara under Jaldhaka upazila of Nilphamari district, was abducted and raped by Mohammad Rahim Mia, son of Mohammad Aminur Rahman of Kismatpur Hajipara of the same upazila. Josna Rani lodged a complaint with Jaldhaka Police Station on July 28.
- Md. Afzal Hossain and Russell Gangra, sons of Zulfiqar Sardar of Gaikur area, vandalized, set fire and occupied the house of Sandha Rani, a helpless widow of Aranghata South Para of Khulna metropolis on 26th July. Sandha Rani lodged a complaint at Aranghata police station.
- College student Sudham Das, son of Ravi Das of Madardanga village in Keshabpur upazila of Jessore, was hit by a tractor coming from the opposite direction on July 28 when he reached Sataishkati junction on his way to Panjia Bazar. Sudham Das was injured and his bicycle was damaged. Sudham Das, the driver of the tractor, got angry with Yunus Sardar, the son of Akam Sardar of Panjia village, for recklessly forbidding him to drive the tractor and left with abusive language and threats. The next day, on July 26, at 10:30 am, an unidentified person called Jasim, Abu Saeed, Jamal, Rafiqul and Alamin, armed with iron rods and bamboo sticks, took him to Bagdanga and took him to Bagdanga. (20) attacked and injured. When they went to save the boy, they also beat up Ravi Das (40) and Ravi Das’ mother Sita Das (60), injured them and snatched a mobile phone and a gold ring and Rs 43,000 from his father Ravi Das for selling goats.
65.Momenshahi Law College and a house were built by the local occupiers on the site of the Brahmo Samaj Mandir in Mymensingh, built by Hindu social reformer Raja Rammohun Roy on July 26th.
.On 28th July, a group of 50 to 60 people led by Md. Sohail Kazi, Osman Khan and Shahajan Khan of the same village raided the family property of 1 bigha in Palash Mandal of Harbaid village under Pubail upazila of Gazipur district.
.On July 29, Montu Chandra Koch, 35, of Tamat village under Bhaluka police station in Mymensingh district, beat and humiliated his wife, Md. Kalam Islam, son of Md. Kamrul Islam of the same village, in a contemporary manner to write off all the ancestral property. Md. Kamrul Islam fled when the villagers came forward after hearing the shout of Pusp Rani. Later, the locals rescued the injured Pusp Rani and took her to Bhaluka Government Health Complex.
.On July 29, miscreants abducted Dipta Chandra Barman, son of Kartik Chandra Barman of Hatfulbari under Bogra’s Sariakandi upazila. The miscreants called at 12 o’clock at night and demanded a large sum of money or threatened to get the body of the boy.
- On July 29, in front of Abu Naser Municipal High School, east of Basurhat in Noakhali’s Kompaniganj Upazila, two communist terrorists in Char Hazari No. 2 ward of Kompaniganj Upazila carried out a surprise attack on AS Communication 02’s distribution manager Sumon Majumdar. He fled with the money. Later, the locals came and rescued him unconscious and admitted him to Basurhat Government Hospital.
- On July 29, in the early evening of Bagbari village under Sunamganj Chhatak upazila, a group of 10/12 armed terrorists attacked Sunny Das, the eldest son of former ward female councilor Sutpa Rani Das, in front of his house with iron rods and Ramda and escaped with serious injuries. The family rescued Sunny Das and admitted him to Sylhet M, A, G Osmani Hospital.
Sutapa Rani Das lodged a complaint at Chhatak police station.
- Hamidul, Rahidul, Makched, Selim and Badshah Gang, sons of Aminar Rahman of the same village, inflicted bloody wounds on July 30 on a goat eating a crop of arable land in North Beruband village of Shimulbari union No. 6 of Jaldhaka upazila of Nilphamari. The doctor on duty at Nilphamari Modern Sadar Hospital has been sent to Rangpur Medical College Hospital for advanced treatment as Bala’s condition is critical.
- On July 30, Laki Rani Das, a former female UP member, was threatened with abusive language during Mujib’s birth centenary program as she was compiling a list of Hindu widows and old age allowance in Ward 6 of Bagadana Union in Feni Sonagazi Upazila. Eshahak Dulal. Extreme anger is prevailing in this Hindu-dominated area.
- On July 30, Bangladesh Hindu Buddhist Christian Unity Parishad – Banshkhali Upazila Coordinator, Upazila Puja Udjapan Parishad Honorary Adviser, Rishi Adhaitananda Parishad – Chittagong South District Joint Convener, Distinguished Organizer, Mr. Dilip Dutt was ambushed in the dark of night. The locals rescued him and admitted him to Chittagong Medical Hospital. The Bangladesh Minority Watch Central Committee investigated the murder and gang rape case of Tapan Karmakar of Dhaka Dohar Upazila and the eviction of tribals from Tampara village of Jhilim Union of Chapainawabganj Sadar Upazila. He demanded an exemplary punishment for the perpetrators of the crime.